Ayden, Brooke, Graham and Anne Holland

Ayden, Brooke, Graham and Anne Holland

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Rose Valley



As I sit here blogging I realize that I should be packing, but where do I even begin?


When I was pregnant with Graham, Ayden and I decided we wanted to put our house on the market. We really do love our little house on Rose Valley Drive but decided that we would eventually need something bigger to accommodate our growing family. Realizing that baby Graham was on his way we decided to wait until after he was born to sell the house (could you even imagine trying to have your house "show ready" with a newborn?) We met with our realtor back in March to discuss selling our house. He encouraged us to go ahead and put it on the market now since Spring seems to be a good time to sell your house. So with the mindset that it would probably take us a while to sell our home and that we really did not have any pressure to sell we decided to put it on the market the last weekend in April on a Thursday.


We were so surprised to have 4 showings in the first weekend! We were SHOCKED when our realtor called us Sunday night to tell us we had an offer!! The only downside to the offer was that the buyers wanted to close on May 17th!! We came to an agreement and decided the closing day would be May 26th-a little over 3 weeks from when we received the offer. Needless to say our heads have been spinning and we scrambled to find a place to rent while we search for a new house. So this summer we will be renting at Phillips Place and searching for a new place to call home.


Moving is so bittersweet. While I am excited about looking for a new home and could probably list 100 things I would change about the house we are in now, it's still home to us and has been for 4 years. We've made so many memories in this little house and I am seriously tearing up writing this because I know in many ways we are going to miss it. We laugh when we talk about how many times I've painted and re-painted rooms, arranged then re-arranged rooms, and am embarrassed by how many holes I've put in our walls hanging and re-hanging pictures ;-) It's really sad to now be taking down all of those pictures and packing up all our belongings (most of which will be in storage for the summer). Packing with a 5 month old is a challenge too-but we are very grateful that our families are going to help us out this weekend as we move. So by the end of this weekend we will be all moved into the apartment, and next week we will hand over the keys to our little house to it's new owners.


Graham won't remember the little house we brought him home from the hospital to or the time he spent here, but we will and we will certainly bring him back one day to show him 6020 Rose Valley!


Oh-and we've promised Lucy we will find her a backyard equally as nice as the one she has now!




Wish us luck as we search for a new house and pray someone gives us a good deal!!!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! We are getting ready to put our house on the market too! It is sad but exciting too...good luck house hunting! :)

    ReplyDelete