Ayden, Brooke, Graham and Anne Holland

Ayden, Brooke, Graham and Anne Holland

Sunday, September 18, 2011

9 Months

This has been such a fun month for our little guy! He has so had MANY firsts over the past month. He started crawling (he prefers the military crawl) and is into EVERYTHING! His favorite objects to crawl for are: air vents, dirty shoes and Lucy's toys. It's so fun to watch his little face light up as he discovers new and exciting things, and to him everything is new and exciting! Like most babies electrical outlets, blinds and big, heavy objects are irresistible so baby proofing was a must!

He also has started standing up by himself. He still requires assistance to pull up on objects but once he's standing he can stand and play for a quite a while. It wasn't long ago that he wouldn't even put weight on his legs so this is great!

We started a few fun classes last week too. Since we spend most of our days just the two of us, Ayden and I thought it would be a good idea to get Graham involved in a few activities. We have swim classes on Mondays and music classes on Wednesdays. I am happy to report that Graham's first swim lesson was a complete success! He is the youngest in his group and was the only baby that did not cry during the lesson and he also didn't poop in his swim diaper (my biggest fear) so I was thrilled! Music classes are SO fun and although I cannot stop singing the silly songs we learned I think this is going to be our favorite class. Graham has this hilarious dance he does when he likes a song. Let's just say he must have gotten his moves from his father ;-)

We also still meet with our playgroup pals every other Thursday and Graham loves his buddies Clark, Carson and Tilden. They started off little babies that just laid around and played individually and now they interact with each other and it's so sweet to watch. I feel like every time we meet they each start doing new things as if they are showing off for one another.

The most exciting news though is that we FINALLY have a tooth! We had our pediatrician's appointment last week and our doctor said he could see 4 teeth (2 top, 2 bottom) and that one of the bottom teeth was ready to pop through and last night it did! We really didn't notice that he was finally cutting a tooth because he acted normal but today when he was laughing I saw something white and pearly and was SO excited! Now that he is 9 months we have started giving him real food. I must say baby food was so easy and grocery shopping was a breeze and now I have to plan meals not only for Ayden and me but for Graham too! He has also started feeding himself so he's becoming more reluctant to eat jarred baby food so I guess it's a good thing he can eat big boy food now. It's been really fun to try new foods and see his reactions to them ;-)

I feel like we hit so many big milestones this past month, can't wait to see what he does next!


One of his favorite activites is pulling every book off of his bookshelf, then each book has to go into his mouth!















We took at least 20 pictures this time and our little guy will no longer sit still for these! He sees the sign and gets so excited and of course wants to eat it!



















This is his typical face. Because of the teething his gums bother him so he makes this pursed lip face a lot!


















Crawling! I'm pretty sure Ayden was using my flip flop as bait...


















Such a happy baby! Truly the light of our lives!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment