Ayden, Brooke, Graham and Anne Holland

Ayden, Brooke, Graham and Anne Holland

Thursday, April 5, 2012

It's a GIRL!!!!

We are thrilled to share that Graham is going to be a big brother! Baby GIRL Meyer is due September 2, Labor Day weekend. We are so excited to be expanding our little family and I am beyond excited that we are having a little girl. It was my hope that I would be able to experience being a mother to both a boy and a girl so finding out the baby is a girl was such a blessing. Now I can be the baseball mom and the ballet mom ;-) I know Ayden is excited to have a little girl but I've already had a "talking to" about shopping for this little one, ha-ha! I cannot wait to buy bows, bloomers and cute little dresses, oh my! This truly is going to be so much fun!! Having a little boy has been so much more fun than I could have ever imagined, and I cannot wait to experience life with two little ones!!

This is a picture of Graham in his "Big Brother" t-shirt. This is how we told our families that we are expecting again.


Ayden wasn't able to come to my doctor's appointment with me yesterday, so I had the ultrasound tech write down what the gender of the baby is and seal it up in an envelope so that we could find out together. I went to my favorite children's store, Shower me with Love, and picked out two picture frames-one said "Brothers" the other "It's a Girl". The girls at the store were so cute and couldn't believe I was letting them find out the sex before I knew. I gave them the envelope revealing the gender and had them wrap up whichever frame was appropriate. They rushed me out the door-they wanted me to hurry home and find out quickly! After we put Graham to bed we headed downstairs to open our present and found out...


We are having a girl! So fun!!! This was so much more special than finding out in the doctor's office. There is something a little strange about sharing that precious moment when you find out what you are having with a complete stranger. We sent our families the two pictures above to let them know they are going to have a little girl to love on soon!

Now it's time to get ready for the Easter Bunny!!!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting Brooke!!! Little girls are SO much fun...they are your own live doll to play dress up with ;) Enjoy the shopping!! Watch out Ayden. :)

    ReplyDelete