Ayden, Brooke, Graham and Anne Holland

Ayden, Brooke, Graham and Anne Holland

Friday, May 25, 2012

Life with a toddler!

Hope this post finds everyone doing well and enjoying the beginning of summer!  We've been keeping busy at the Meyer house chasing around our toddler and prepping for the arrival of baby girl this September. 

Graham amazes us with how much he's learning and changing and we've noticed a big difference in just the last couple of months.  He is starting to repeat a lot and has a great memory.  He knows his animal sounds and some of his colors (loves saying purple and orange the most) and has even picked up letters from the alphabet!  He can count to three and we've noticed he's even memorized several books and can recite words from them (favorites are "Goodnight Moon" and Richard Scarry's "Cars and Trucks from A to Z") He also has become a daddy's boy, which I know Ayden loves!  He cracks me up daily and one of my favorite things he does is picks up the phone and says "Hi Mimi" as if he was talking to my mom.  He LOVES his Mimi and hears me talk on the phone a lot to her, it's pretty cute! 

Of course it's not always sunshine and rainbows with a toddler.  We are definitely in the "testing mama" stage and Graham can throw a mean temper tantrum, so we are working on that although I realize this is a stage that will take quite a while to outgrow.  Thankfully he has started taking longer naps (one nap a day and usually lasts for at least 2 hours) so I get a chance to rest up too which helps. Being pregnant and raising a toddler is challenging at times but I am trying to cherish this time (the good and the difficult) because I realize that in just a little over 3 months we will be a family of 5 (cant forget Lucy!) and I'll have to share my time between two little ones.  For now we are just enjoying Graham at this fun stage and looking forward to the fall when baby girl arrives and Graham will start preschool!  He will be attending Christ Church and will do a mother's morning out two days a week from 9-12:30.  I truly hope he loves school, I know it will help him develop even more and it will give me a chance to spend one on one time with the new baby.

Speaking of the new baby, this pregnancy is going great and I feel fortunate that I've been feeling so good.  The heat is no fun and this is only the beginning of summer, but overall this pregnancy so far has been an easy one.  I've finally picked out the fabric for the nursery and can't wait to have it made and see my "vision" come together! I'm hoping to hit some good sales this weekend and buy baby girl a few cute things.  I'm super impressed with the way I've contained myself so far and haven't bought much at all.  I'm sure as we get closer to September I'll get the urge to splurge on some frilly & fun things!

We are looking forward to a relaxing Memorial Day weekend and will catch up again soon!

Graham and daddy-loves these sweet boys!!

These two have finally started to notice one another-only took 1.5 years! Graham loves to have "dog" chase him around and Lucy loves that Graham is starting to show an interest in her too!

Their favorite past time is chasing bubbles on the porch-although I think Lucy loves it the most!

Playing with his new splash table.  I'm on the hunt for a good blow up pool big enough for both of us to lounge in this summer

In case you wondered Graham still LOVES trucks. I cannot tell you how many times a day I hear "big truck".  He knows and can say ALL his trucks too- garbage truck, dump truck, bucket truck, ice cream truck but most of all we talk about "big truck"

We spend SO much time outside and when Graham wants to go on the porch he says "outside" and when he wants to play in the yard he says "porch".  Only his mama can understand him ;-)

Sweet boy! Looking forward to a fun summer with this little guy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment