Today I took Graham to the doctor for his 18 month check up. He is 27 lbs (50-75%) and 32.25 inches tall (90-95%). He does not like going to the doctor any more because he's old enough to realize that at some point they are going to give him a shot and he's not a fan of that. He kept saying "it's ok" to everyone because he heard me telling him that over and over. He had a good check up and the pediatrician said he's doing great. The ladies in the reception area were all so impressed as Graham pointed out the colors of the fish hanging from the ceiling and talked away like he always does. I was a beaming, proud mama to hear their remarks!
Here are a few of Graham's favorite things at the moment:
1) Daddy-definitely a daddy's boy
2) "Cocka-a-doodle-do" and "Mac-cheese". I'd love to fib and tell you he is a healthy eater all of the time or even some of the time but the truth is he takes after his daddy in that he is a very picky eater. If he had his way he'd eat chicken nuggets (calls them "cock a doodle doo) and "mac-cheese" every day. He does like breakfast foods though, especially "eggies" and "pam-packes"
3) Fruit squeezes. I'm not sure who introduced me to these magic things but THANK GOODNESS! You can get these portable fruit squeeze packs almost anywhere and they come in healthy fruit and veggie combos and Graham would have 10 a day if we'd let him. Hey, at least he's getting his veggies from someplace. They only veggie he will gladly eat is sweet potato which I think since it's a starch shouldn't count as a veggie but in our house is does!
4) "Nucy". Graham and Lucy have finally warmed up to one another and he loves playing with her now. He shares his snacks with her and walks around saying "c'mon nucy"-very sweet
5) Firetrucks and choo-choo trains. Graham carries around his favorite fire truck with him wherever we go and we cannot leave the house without it. He recently has started playing with his train set a lot and loves Thomas and Friends.
6) "Baby and ele-tant". Graham has two lovies he sleeps with, a monkey and an elephant, and he has really become attached to them both.
7) Dance Parties. Every night after dinner I turn on Graham's favorite tunes and he has a little dance party. I need to get it on tape because it is hilarious! His favorite songs are cover songs by Alvin and the Chipmunks. He thinks they are hilarious and there is a station on Pandora that plays nothing but hits by the chipmunks and he goes wild for them!
8) Bye-bye. Every morning before I've even had a chance to brush my teeth or dress myself Graham runs to the door and says "bye-bye, mama's car". He is ready to go and start his day! He loves going to the park and the pool and on walks around the neighborhood. On Tuesdays I follow the garbage truck around our neighborhood for an hour just so he can get his truck fix.
Getting his third hair cut! He loves sitting in all the cars at Doolittles. I had to drag him away this time after his hair cut was finished. Sadly, I think his curls are starting to fade (sniff) so I dont think I'll cut his hair again until the fall because I will be so sad when those sweet curls are gone!
A little arts and crafts after breakfast. I'm so excited for Graham to start preschool in the fall and can't wait to see all the things he will learn.
He loves putting on this fire hat and happily wears it around while playing. Future fireman perhaps?
This is a picture of Graham in time out. Looks like he's hating it, doesn't he? We've had to start introducing time out and although he happily runs to sit in his chair when told to do so, at least it distracts him away from the behavior he was doing. He listens though and doesn't get out of the chair until we tell him to.
Our little guy is so fun and highly entertaining. It's crazy to think that in just 10 short weeks we will have another one to love on and watch grow before our eyes. For now we are just cherishing this time we have with Graham, he's such a sweet little boy!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
3 weeks ago





No comments:
Post a Comment