Ayden, Brooke, Graham and Anne Holland

Ayden, Brooke, Graham and Anne Holland

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Growing up so fast!

Anne Holland is growing up so fast that I want to make sure I capture and record everything before I blink and she is a big girl! We started giving her rice cereal right before she turned 5 months old.  She's tried all her veggies and the only thing she hasn't loved have been peas-can't say I blame her! She's started rolling onto her tummy and it's her new favorite trick.  She loves her feet and playing with her baby toys. She also likes story time and likes to grab the books I read to her and stick them in her mouth. All of Graham's baby board books are all chewed up so she's just adding her mark to them ;-) She is just the sweetest little girl and we so thankful to have in her our lives. She just goes with the flow and never fusses. She sleeps through the night and likes her nap times. She is such a happy little girl!
 
Graham has started paying more attention to her. He doesn't like to share his toys but I've been noticing lately that he will walk over to AH and hand her a toy, usually his favorite, which shows how much he must love his baby sister. That might all change once she starts crawling around and getting into his things, but it's sweet to witness the sibling love they have for one another. AH mostly loves being on her belly so she can watch Graham. She is fascinated by him.
 
Here are pictures of our girl from the past 2 months:
 
Trying carrots for the first time-yummy

Loves tummy time!

All tired out in the jumpy seat. She sucks her middle fingers to go to sleep

 
This picture was taken on Valentine's Day right before we went to Graham's school to bring cupcakes to his class for the Valentine's party.
 
Loves her toes! It's almost impossible to change her diaper because she wont let go of her toes.

 Excited to try rice cereal for the first time! She loved it and gobbled it right up

 
You can tell she's finally starting to get a little hair!
 
Our sweet, funny boy! Everyone warns you about the "terrible two's" but nothing can prepare you for the toddler years. This little rascal can have me wanting to pull my hair out one minute and laugh out loud the next. His vocabulary is amazing and he puts big sentences together and can say almost anything. He still loves cars and trucks and his favorite book is Richard Scarry's "cars and trucks and things that go".
 
We had a parent/teacher conference last week with his preschool teachers and they both seem to think he's doing great and loves school. He's started enjoying art a lot, but still does not like to get his hands dirty. I can tell going to school has made a big difference in his development into toddler hood. He;s starting to really becoming more independent.
 
Speaking of toddler hood-man, life with my very smart but very strong-willed little boy can be exhausting most days!  I know I will look back on these toddler days and laugh and I also realize that being a toddler is all a part of growing up. The daily temper tantrums can take a toll on this mama, but no matter what, every night when he tells me "I wub moo mama" my heart just melts!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment