Ayden, Brooke, Graham and Anne Holland

Ayden, Brooke, Graham and Anne Holland

Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Mother's Love

Normally I update our blog with pictures and stories reflecting what is currently going on in our lives with the kids.  This weekend is Mother's Day and I feel so blessed and fortunate to have a mother like mine so, instead of an update I want to take a moment to tell you (and her) how much having a mom like her means to me.
 
Growing up my mom and I were so close. She was and still is my best friend, and I have so many wonderful memories of the times we spent together and the special things we did, just mother and daughter. I tried to think of my favorite memories, but there are so many to choose from.  I was beyond excited when we learned our second child was going to be a girl and from the moment Anne Holland was born I instantly knew the special love a mother has for her daughter.  Both Graham and Anne Holland have taught me so much about myself and motherhood is one crazy and fun ride, but I would not be the person or mother I am without the example my own mother set for me. 
 
Mom, you are always so encouraging and supportive of me.  You know I run around most days like a chicken with my head cut off just trying to keep it all together, but you always know the right things to say to inspire me and remind me what a gift motherhood is.  You always tell me how proud you are of me, but I often forget to tell you how proud I am of you.  You are such an inspiration not just as a mother but as a woman, and I hope I can be half the mother to my children that you are to yours.  I know the sacrifices you made raising me and there wasn't anything you wouldn't do for your little girl's happiness. I now understand that and appreciate more than ever all you did and continue to do for me. There have been countless times you have dropped everything and jumped in the car and driven to Charlotte to be by my side.  I don't tell you enough how much I appreciate you. It makes my heart smile to see you with my children. Your love for them is so pure and they are going to have so many fun adventures with Mimi!  Your faith is so strong and I am so happy my children will have such a strong, positive influence in their lives.  I've told you this so many time before but although I know I am 31 and the mother of two, I still need my mama!! I love you and hope you know how special you are to me.  God could not have given me a better mother! Happy Mother's day, mama. We can't wait to hug and love on you in a few weeks!!
 
And to my mother-in-law, Vicky.  Hallmark doesn't really make a card that says "You successfully raised four children, and at one point they were all under the age of 5, and they ALL turned out so wonderful and you are not even in the Betty Ford clinic". Seriously, you are such an inspiration to me. I love hearing all of the Meyer kids' childhood stories, and there are a LOT, but the one thing I take away from each of those stories is that your home was always filled with love and laughter.  We hope ours will be too! I am so lucky to have a husband like Ayden. Thank you for raising such a loving and wonderful son.
 
Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!
 
 
Mimi and her girls-AH is wearing the same outfit I wore coming home from the hospital
 

No comments:

Post a Comment